Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hilldog

Fog forced her to cancel an event earlier in the day. Kudos to the campaign for still getting this out before the evening news.

    “Now voters will judge whether living in a foreign country at the age of 10 prepares one to face the big, complex international challenges the next President will face. I think we need a President with more experience than that. Someone the rest of the world knows, looks up to, and has confidence in. I don’t think this is the time for on the job training on our economy or on foreign policy.

    “I offer my credentials, my experience, and qualifications which I think uniquely equip me to be prepared to hit the ground running on Day One. And I offer the experience of being battle tested in the political wars here at home. For 15 years, I have been the object of the Republican attack machine and I’m still here.”


The Obama response is a good one, but it's a line of attack that didn't resonate in '04 and hasn't shown much resonance this cycle either. The fact is, voters, especially Democratic voters, blame Bush for Iraq and not the Senators who voted for the IWR.

...Halperin says Obama uses his spokesman's line "I wonder which world leader told her we needed to invade Iraq." And the audience reaction is muted.

No comments: